RDO Test Day September 2013
We plan to hold a RDO Havana test day on September 10th and 11th, 2013. This will be coordinated through the #rdo channel on freenode, and through this wiki and RDO forums.
Results are being posted at TestedSetups
The following cast of characters will be available testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion. You can participate in the conversation on the #rdo IRC channel on the Freenode IRC network.
- pixelbeat (Pádraig Brady)
- jruzicka (Jakub Ruzicka)
- tgraf (Thomas Graf) [kernel, Open vSwitch, network namespaces]
- eglynn (Eoghan Glynn)
- jpichon (Julie Pichon)
- mrunge (Matthias Runge)
- xqueralt (Xavier Queralt)
- ndipanov (Nikola Dipanov)
- otherwiseguy (Terry Wilson) [Neutron/Packstack]
- ayoung (Adam Young) [Keystone]
- rkukura (Bob Kukura) [Neutron]
- nsantos (Nuno Santos)
- shardy (Steve Hardy)[Heat]
- rbowen (Rich Bowen)
- mosulica (Alin Calinciuc)
- weshay ( Wes Hayutin)
- dneary (Dave Neary)
- pmyers (Perry Myers)
- ichavero (Ivan Chavero)
- oblaut (Ofer Blaut)
- rvaknin (Rami Vaknin)
- jlibosva (Jakub Libosvar)
- rcritten (Rob Crittenden)
- bdperkin (Brandon Perkins)
- nmagnezi (Nir Magnezi)
- ajeain (Ami Jeain)
- ohochman (Omri Hochman)
- dkorn (Daniel Korn)
- jdennis (John Dennis)
- yrabl (Yogev Rabl)
- dron (Dafna Ron)
- gifedente (Giulio Fidente)
- mlessard (Michael Lessard)
- vaneldik (Jan van Eldik)
- red_trela (Sandro Mathys)
Prerequisite for Test Day
- A newly¹ installed Fedora 19, Centos 6.4 or RHEL 6.4 VM² or baremetal system
- With the updates-testing repositories enabled and fully updated with: yum update
yum-config-manager --enable updates-testing yum update
- If using a RHEL system please ensure the optional repo is enabled.
- Hardware virtualization support (e.g. Intel VT or AMD-V).
- Up to 10-20Gb free disk space. Guest images take up a lot of space.
¹ It's advisable to have the install images downloaded and the system prepared before the test day (without openstack packages installed)
² You can do basic testing of OpenStack in a virtual machine, which is auto detected by the installer
How To Test
The things that should be tested are listed on the Tested Setups page.
- Pick an RDO Havana item from the list
- Go through the scenario as though you were a beginner just following the instructions
- KEEP GOOD NOTES
If you have problems with any of the tests, report a bug to Bugzilla usually for one of the openstack-packstack, openstack-nova, openstack-glance, openstack-keystone, openstack-cinder, openstack-neutron,openstack-swift or openstack-heat or openstack-ceilometer components. If you are unsure about exactly how to file the report or what other information to include, just ask on IRC (#rdo, freenode.net) and we will help you.
Once you have completed the tests, add your results to the table on the TestedSetups page, following the examples already there.
We strongly encourage you to write narrative blogs about your test experiences, whether this is about the test day itself, or a howto style post about a particular install/test scenario. Link to those posts here.
Also, if you'd like to do an audio interview for a podcast about this event, please contact Rich Bowen (rbowen at redhat dot com) to set something up.
Use something like RecordMyDesktop to record a screencast of your tests, and let me (rbowen) know if you have any video that you think would make useful HowTo videos.