Thanks for being part of the RDO community!
- Quick Start - http://rdoproject.org/quickstart
- Mailing Lists - http://rdoproject.org/community/mailing-lists/
- RDO packages - https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/openstack/openstack-juno/
- RDO blog - http://rdoproject.org/blog
- Q&A - http://ask.openstack.org/
RDO Test Day
With Kilo out (more on this below), we need help testing, so that we can make RDO as solid as possible.
We will be holding the Kilo RDO test day on May 5th and 6th, and would greatly appreciate your help in this. We'll be coordinating on #rdo on the Freenode IRC network, and on the rdo-list mailing list - http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/rdo-list - for any questions you may have.
Details about the test day are developing in the wiki, at https://www.rdoproject.org/RDO_test_day_Kilo Test cases and documentation will be appearing there over the coming few days.
Please help us by setting aside an hour or two to help test a scenario or two, to solidify the RDO release. Thanks!
We're just days away from the OpenStack Summit and OpenStack Liberty Design Summit. We'll be in Booth H4, under the big RDO sign. Drop by and get your free RDO tshirt. We'll also have demos of RDO-manager - https://www.rdoproject.org/RDO-Manager - and the downstream Red Hat OpenStack Platform product.
We're also hoping to have an RDO meetup (details pending), where we'll discuss the direction of RDO, and how you can get more involved. The agenda for that meeting is available at https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/RDO_Vancouver for you to add your ideas and register your interest.
OpenStack Summit is where the direction of the next major release of OpenStack, codenamed Liberty, will be discussed. Thousands of OpenStack developers and operators will be gathering in Vancouver, and you can still be part of that if you register now at http://tm3.org/summit-register
OpenStack Kilo Released
The latest major release of OpenStack, codenamed Kilo, dropped on April 30th, and is pretty impressive.
For the full scoop, see the release notes at https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/ReleaseNotes/Kilo
- Erasure code storage policy type in Swift - http://swift.openstack.org/overview_erasure_code.html
- Support for theming in the Horizon dashboard - http://docs.openstack.org/developer/horizon/topics/settings.html#custom-theme-path
- Added support for OpenID Connect as a federated identity provider in Keystone -http://docs.openstack.org/developer/keystone/extensions/openidc.html
- Gnocci dispatch support for ceilometer-collector - http://launchpad.net/gnocchi
- New http://docs.openstack.org/ landing page and the first release of the new Networking Guide - http://docs.openstack.org/networking-guide/
… And so much more. We'll be blogging about various of these features in the coming weeks on the RDO blog (http://rdoproject.org/blog) and on RedHatStack - http://redhatstackblog.redhat.com/ so stay tuned.
Technical Committee Elections
Congratulations to everyone elected in the recent TC election. (See http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-April/063000.html for the full results.) In particular, a big shout out to Flavio Percoco, who is a prominent member of the RDO community, and a big contributor to the Zaqar project. We look forward to your leadership in this critical part of OpenStack governance.
Flavio blogs frequently about OpenStack at http://blog.flaper87.org/
Keep in touch
There's lots of ways to stay in in touch with what's going in in the RDO community. The best ways are …
- rdo-list mailing list - http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/rdo-list
- This newsletter - http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/rdo-newsletter
- IRC - #rdo on Freenode.irc.net
- Puppet module development - #rdo-puppet
- Follow us on Twitter - http://twitter.com/rdocommunity
- Google+ - http://tm3.org/rdogplus
- Facebook - http://facebook.com/rdocommunity
Thanks again for being part of the RDO community!