February 2019 RDO Community Newsletter
In This Newsletter
- TripleO Quickstart
- Mailing Lists
- RDO release packages
- RDO blog
- Open Tickets
- Stein release schedule
Every Wednesday at 15:00 UTC, we have the weekly RDO community meeting on the #RDO channel on Freenode IRC. The agenda for this meeting is posted each week in a public etherpad and the minutes from the meeting are posted on the RDO website. If there's something you'd like to see happen in RDO - a package that is missing, a tool that you'd like to see included, or a change in how things are governed - this is the best time and place to help make that happen.
Every Thursday at 15:00 UTC, there is a weekly CentOS Cloud SIG meeting on the #centos-devel channel on Freenode IRC. The agenda for this meeting is posted each week in a public etherpad and the minutes from the meeting are posted on the RDO website. This meeting makes sense for people that are involved in packaging OpenStack for CentOS and for people that are packaging OTHER cloud infra thingies (OpenNebula, CloudStack, Euca, etc) for CentOS. “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” - Helen Keller
- After you register for the Open Infrastructure Summit Denver (by the February 27 early bird deadline!), set your sights on Shanghai, China the week of November 4, 2019. Registration and sponsorship opportunities will be available soon, but you can sign up for updates here.
- Today, community voting for the Open Infrastructure Summit Denver opened! Vote for your favorite session ideas before February 4 to help the Programming Committees shape the final schedule. Let’s bring the best possible content to Denver!
- This weekend, the OpenStack Foundation will have a booth at FOSDEM. Stop by the booth to meet members of the open infrastructure community and get involved.
- The Diversity & Inclusion Working Group is conducting an anonymous survey to better understand the diversity and makeup of the community. Participation is appreciated so we can better understand and serve the community. Share any questions with working group chair, Amy Marrich (spotz on IRC).
Ops Meetup is in Berlin!
The next OpenStack Ops meetup will take place in Berlin, March 6 – 7. For more details, see the event planning Etherpad.
Lucky Number Thirteen!
OpenStack SIGs (special interest groups) are groups of contributors interested in working on a specific problem space in OpenStack. The newest one is (lucky number 13!) is the Auto-scaling SIG, dedicated to improving user experience on auto-scaling and related features including metering, cluster scheduling and application lifecycle management.
Don't Forget to Vote!
Technical Committee elections are coming up. Nominations open February 12 and voting launches February 26.
Keep in Touch
There are lots of ways to stay in in touch with what's going on in the RDO community. The best ways are …
- IRC - #rdo on Freenode.irc.net
As always, thanks for being part of the RDO community!