July 2019 RDO Community Newsletter
In This Newsletter
- TripleO Quickstart
- Mailing Lists
- RDO release packages
- RDO blog
- Open Tickets
Welcome to the latest edition of the RDO Community newsletter, a digest of the latest developments and activities across OpenStack, TripleO, Packstack, and all things RDO. Sign up to receive the newsletter and email rain (at) redhat (dot) com to contribute.
Every Wednesday at 15:00 UTC, we have the weekly RDO community meeting on the #RDO channel on Freenode IRC. The agenda for this meeting is posted each week in a public etherpad and the minutes from the meeting are posted on the RDO website. If there's something you'd like to see happen in RDO - a package that is missing, a tool that you'd like to see included, or a change in how things are governed - this is the best time and place to help make that happen.
Every Thursday at 15:00 UTC, there is a weekly CentOS Cloud SIG meeting on the #centos-devel channel on Freenode IRC. The agenda for this meeting is posted each week in a public etherpad and the minutes from the meeting are posted on the RDO website. This meeting makes sense for people that are involved in packaging OpenStack for CentOS and for people that are packaging OTHER cloud infra thingies (OpenNebula, CloudStack, Euca, etc) for CentOS. “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” - Helen Keller
Open Infrastructure Summit Shanghai
- The Call for Presentations is now open. Submit your session ideas in English or Mandarin before July 2.
- Registration is also open, buy now to take advantage of early bird prices. You can pay in U.S. dollars or yuan if you need an official invoice (fapiao.)
- If your organization can’t fund your travel, apply for the Travel Support Program by August 8.
- Interested in sponsoring the Summit? Learn more here.
Open Infrastructure Project Teams Gathering (PTG)
- Both SIGs/WGs and project teams can get together in Shanghai. There are a few changes this time, highlights include:
- Quarter day slots are available
- The PTG will last three-and-a-half days while the Forum will last one-and-a-half.
- Project onboarding will be incorporated in the PTG. Updates will remain part of the Summit.
- There will be more shared space than previous events.
- Registration for the PTG is included in the cost of registration for the Summit.
We Want YOU!
If you’re running OpenStack, please share your feedback and deployment information in the 2019 OpenStack User Survey. It only takes 20 minutes and anonymous feedback is shared directly with developers!
Past the Train Milestone One and Beyond
We’re now past the Train-1 development milestone, chugging toward the final Train release October 16. Train community goals have now been confirmed: Support for IPv6-only deployments (led by Ghanshyam Mann), enabling PDF generation support for project docs (led by Alexandra Settle) and updating Python 3 test runtimes (led by Corey Bryant).
Hello, Nova Operators
Matt Riedemann started a thread to ask Nova operators about compute service delete behavior with respect to resource providers with allocations. Please add your comments if you disagree with the current proposed plan.
Keep in Touch
There are lots of ways to stay in in touch with what's going on in the RDO community. The best ways are …
- IRC - #rdo on Freenode.irc.net
As always, thanks for being part of the RDO community!