RDO test day Icehouse milestone 3
Due to build system failures, we are rescheduling the test day for March 25th and 26th.
We plan to hold a RDO test day on March 25th and 26th, 2014. This will be coordinated through the #rdo channel on Freenode, and through this wiki and the rdo-list mailing list.
We'll be testing the second Icehouse milestone release. If you can do any testing on your own ahead of time, that will help ensure that everyone isn't encountering the same problems.
- Test Day App - http://testdays.qa.fedoraproject.org/testdays/show_event?event_id=16
- Test cases - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2014-03-19_RDOMetadata
- rbowen - Wiki, IRC, testing (CentOS)
- yeylon - IRC, testing foreman installation with rhel7
- ohochman - IRC, OpenStack- Foreman-Installer, Nova .
- ajeain - IRC, OpenStack-Horizon, Nova
- augol / cmyster - IRC OpenStack Heat, Fedora20
- nlevinki - foreman installation with rhel7, Swift
- iovadia - IRC, OpenStack-Horizon on RHEL7
- ukalifon - OpenStack-Keystone
- tshefi - IRC, Openstack , RHEL7, Glance
- yrabl - IRC, Openstack-Cinder, Foreman-Installer, Fedora 20
- rlandy - TripleO, Tuskar
- bkopilov - IRC, OpenStack - LVM , RHEL 6.5
- lon - IRC - RHEL 7 Beta
- nmagnezi - IRC, OpenStack - Neutron , RHEL 6.5
We plan to have have packages for the following platforms:
- Fedora 20
- RHEL 6.5
- RHEL 7 beta
- CentOS 6.5
You'll want a fresh install with latest updates installed. (Fresh so that there's no hard-to-reproduce interactions with other things.)
Users running fedora 20 should ensure the following prior to a packstack install.
- mariadb-server is running and can be restarted
- package python-pycadf is installed
- package deltarpm is installed
- selinux in permissive
How To Test
sudo yum install http://rdo.fedorapeople.org/openstack-icehouse/rdo-release-icehouse.rpm
- Check for any Workarounds required for your platform before the main installation
- For Packstack based deployment start at step 2 of – http://rdoproject.org/Quickstart#Step_2:_Install_Packstack_Installer
- For Foreman based deployment on RHEL & its derivatives, – http://rdoproject.org/Virtualized_Foreman_Dev_Setup
Test cases and results
The things that should be tested are listed in the test day app.
- Pick an item from the list
- Go through the scenario as though you were a beginner, just following the instructions. (Check the Workarounds page for problems that others may have encountered and resolved.)
- KEEP GOOD NOTES. You can use https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/rdo_test_day_feb_2014 for these notes. Reviewing other peoples' notes may help you avoid problems that they've already encountered.
- Compare your results to the CI results @ https://prod-rdojenkins.rhcloud.com/
- Enter your results in the test day app by clicking the 'Enter Result' link.
- Execute the openstack test suite tempest @ Testing IceHouse using Tempest
If you have problems with any of the tests, report a bug to Bugzilla usually for one of the openstack-packstack, openstack-nova, openstack-glance, openstack-keystone, openstack-cinder, openstack-neutron, openstack-swift, python-django-horizon, openstack-heat or openstack-ceilometer components. If you are unsure about exactly how to file the report or what other information to include, just ask on IRC (#rdo, freenode.net) and we will help you.
Once you have completed the tests, add your results to the table on the TestedSetups page, following the examples already there. Be sure to check the Workarounds page for things that may have already have fixes or workarounds.