TripleO is a set of tools for the deployment and management of OpenStack which utilizes the RDO repositories.
The name TripleO refers to three related things:
- A design pattern, where an underlying OpenStack instance is used to deploy and then to manage another, usually more complex, OpenStack instance.
- A set of configuration files and scripts which contain OS image building rules and service configuration rules
- The upstream program within the OpenStack project which develops the various scripts and utilities which are combined to deliver the complete software solution.
The design pattern utilizes a single-purpose deployment OpenStack which deploys and manages a more sophisticated, general-purpose OpenStack instance which is what gives TripleO its name. TripleO is short for OpenStack On OpenStack.
Upstream TripleO documentation:
Note: Limit your environment-specific content in the menu on the left-hand side of the documentation page.
TripleO YouTube channel:
Get in touch
- IRC: #tripleo and #rdo channels on OFTC.
- Mailing list: openstack-discuss, using [TripleO] tag in the subject of the email.